About Cat Burton
Cat is a fine art photographer based near Perth in Scotland.
A fan of all things dark and eerie, her work is inspired by myth, folklore and gothic fantasy. Her images have been likened to the atmosphere of Hitchcock films and she counts Edgar Allan Poe and horror movies as key influences.
Her artworks are often composite images made up of multiple original photographs. Each piece takes many days to perfect in Photoshop and she only uses her own photographs to create them.
Cat aims to collaborate with local Perthshire companies wherever possible in the running of her business.
Photography Tuition, Classes and Workshops
For details on photography and Photoshop training offered by Cat, please see this page.
Interviews and Press
Cat is more than happy to speak to the press about her work. To schedule an interview or request further details about any content on this site, please contact Cat using the contact form or by emailing email@example.com.
Prints & Licensing
In order to license images or request custom commissions, please contact Cat directly. All images are Copyright Cat Burton and should not be used without explicit permission.
Gallery Exhibitions & Events
For information on upcoming events, please refer to the Events page or see the Events menu at the top of the website.
Articles & Published Work
Below is a selection of publications where Cat has provided imagery or appeared in the press:
- 2 August 2017 – Small City Big Personality article about inclusion in the RSA Open Exhibition of Art 2017.
- 28 July 2017 – f11 News article about September exhibition in Edinburgh.
- 17 July 2017 – Perth2021 shared the details of the Edinburgh Exhibition.
- Landscape Photography Magazine issue 69: https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/magazine/issue-69
- Article and Images on Alphr.com: http://www.alphr.com/startups/1000860/a-year-as-a-coding-nomad
- Interview and images licensed to the Daily Mail Travel Website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2851633/Incredible-photos-eerie-abandoned-gold-rush-town-California.html
A Note On Affiliates
Any reviews/opinions on this website a my personal views. I chose my photographic equipment because those items work well for me personally and will only recommend those I’d be happy to use myself.
Some images and text on this website are affiliate links to websites such as Amazon, Wex Photographic and Park Cameras. These links cost you nothing but if you happen to buy anything on them, the website gives me a token amount. I use affiliate links as a revenue stream to help fund this site and my photography adventures. Any clicks you make help me do what I love, and I’m thankful to you all for your support.