Develop your photography skills with a bespoke 1-1 photography course in the heart of Scotland.
3hr or 6hr courses are available, fully tailored to your interests and requirements.
All workshops take place in Perthshire, Scotland. The exact location will depend on your requirements and preferred places.
Prices listed are for 1-1 tuition only.
What To Bring
- Your camera and any additional lenses or equipment you wish to use. If you’re looking to upgrade or need advice on what to bring, let me know after booking and I can help advise on suitable equipment.
- Scotland’s weather is notoriously changeable – please dress appropriately for outdoor sessions (sturdy footwear and waterproofs recommended).
- A tripod if you have one.
- Any items you wish to photograph (eg props, artworks & merchandise for product photography training)
- Travel during the session after we have met
- 1-1 tuition tailored to your interests & requirements
- Follow-on advice and help over email should you need it.
What’s Not Included
- Insurance for your gear. Insurance is recommended in case of accidental damage. If you’d like a recommendation, simply contact me.
- Camera gear. We will be focussing on ensuring you get the best out of whatever equipment you own.
- Lunch. Please bring a packed lunch for full-day sessions, or we can schedule in a cafe/comfort stop half-way through the session.
- Animal/Wildlife Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Macro photography
- Fine Art Photography
- Photography for business (product photography, event photography etc)
- How to make the most of the camera equipment you already own
- Transitioning from automatic, to semi-automatic, to manual modes – at your own pace.
Your personal Photography Journey
- Telling a story with your images through composition, motion and editing.
- Advice on finding your style
- Advice on moving toward photography as a profession
- Business growth and marketing for photographers
- Editing on mobile (e.g. Snapseed, Lightroom Mobile)
Locations available across Perthshire, including:
- Perth (riverside, parks, city centre, Kinnoull Hill, Moncreiffe Hill, street photography)
- Birnam / Dunkeld Area (woodlands, waterfalls, rivers, nature trails, scenic hiking trails, bird & wildlife watching)
- Crieff / Comrie (Lady Mary’s Walk etc)
- Kinross / Loch Leven (loch-side walk with views over to castle, and the potential for birds and wildlife depending on the season)
- Kinloch Rannoch (waterfalls & loch views, ancient woodland, guided hikes up Craig Varr for panoramic views)
- Pitlochry (walks by the river, the dam, and some lovely woodland trails)
Custom locations within Perthshire welcome as long as they are free for public access. Please contact me before booking to ensure it’s possible to accommodate your location requirements.
We will meet at a mutually convenient location. If visiting more than one venue, we shall meet at a convenient parking place and I will drive us to our destinations, returning you to your car at the end of the session.
Local pick-up/drop-off welcome in the Scone area or at Perth station.
How To Book
To book a session, please select from the duration options available. Once purchased, I will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient date/time for the session and to find out more about your requirements. Together, we will plan a session to perfectly suit you!
Once purchased, the session may be redeemed within 1 year from the date of purchase. All outstanding session time expires 1 year after purchase.