Discover the fascinating locations around Kinloch Rannoch, Strath Fionan & Braes Of Foss that are featured in Cat’s “Stories Of Schiehallion” collection. From archaeological sites and geological features, to stunning trees and waterfalls. And of course, beautiful views of Schiehallion itself.
Dates: Available March to October only.
Meeting Place: Braes Of Foss Car Park, PH16 5NN
Start Time: 10am
End Time: 4pm
Group Size: This is a private tour & workshop for you and up to 1 friend which can be customised based on your preferences.
Maximum walking distance: a maximum of 5km over paths and another 2-3km over semi-rough terrain.
- Tuition and guidance during the workshop
- Travel between locations during the workshop
What’s not included:
- Travel/Equipment insurance
- Lunch/snacks (please bring your own or I recommend visiting Highland Safaris after our workshop)
What to Bring:
- Waterproof clothing
- Your camera and spare batteries
- Any filters you wish to use
- A tripod
- Sturdy footwear (we will be walking on uneven ground, some of which may be quite boggy/wet)
- Packed lunch or snacks and something to drink
- Cash for the Braes Of Foss car park (£2 per vehicle)
- Smidge or insect repellant
- Sun cream
Things we’ll see:
Waterfalls, trees, views of Schiehallion from Loch Rannoch, the limestone pavement, most likely some sheep, ruined shielings & farm buildings, a cup marked stone, woodland regeneration and conservation work. I will also be able to tell you about the interesting folklore from the area, the historical settlements and the work being carried out by the John Muir Trust at East Schiehallion.
Weather: Scottish weather is notoriously changeable. Workshops will go ahead regardless of weather forecasts so please ensure you have suitable clothing.
We won’t be going to the summit: Please note this is not a guided tour to Schiehallion summit. If you wish to do that instead, please purchase a Bespoke Full Day workshop (6hrs) and contact me directly to schedule your workshop.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Refunds are available up to 30 days before the scheduled workshop date. Date changes may be requested up to 14 days before the scheduled workshop date (subject to availability). Cancellations or no-shows after this time will not be refunded.